Having an RV is a great way to explore the outdoors and spend some time with your family. The idea of gassing up the RV and hitting the open road. RVs are a significant investment, and it’s important that you have the insurance protection that you’ll need if something were to happen to you.
At Longevity Brokers, we are dedicated to helping you get the quality insurance that you want and the insurance protection that’s required by law. Every year, we get dozens of different questions about RVs and the insurance coverage that you’ll need.
Denver RV Insurance
The mountains in Denver are beautiful, and that means a lot of people buy RVs to explore the mountains and enjoy the nature. The problem is that the majority of RV owners don’t have the insurance that they will need, which can cause thousands and thousands of dollars of problems later on. Don’t put your home away from home at risk.
One of the most common questions that we get about RVs is if they require a particular type of insurance policy by law. In Colorado, you will have to have a liability insurance plan for your RV. This will protect you from any other person’s damages or injuries.
One common option is to add your RV onto your auto insurance plan that you already have. The problem is that the ordinary car insurance plan isn’t going to give you enough insurance coverage to protect your RV. Every auto insurance plan is different, which means that there is a chance that your plan will give you the coverage that you need, but more than likely it isn’t.
A better option for insurance coverage is to buy a whole separate insurance plan for your RV. In most cases, it’s very easy to buy an affordable insurance policy for your RV, which will give you additional coverage. You can also add on to your auto plan, which might be a better choice depending on the coverage.
RV Insurance Factors to Consider
The most important factor is to determine which type of vehicle that you’re going to be insuring. There are several sub types of RV, and the insurance is going to change depending on which type. The two types are motorhomes and travel trailers, and while most people use these words interchangeably, they are very different vehicles.
A motor home is a vehicle that has permanently attached living quarters. Each insurance company has different requirements for what they consider to be a motorhome, but there are some general guidelines that it will have to meet. The motorhome must have a drinkable water supply, heating, a bathroom, cooking appliances, and a refrigeration system. If they meet all of these guidelines, then you’ll need a plan that coverage motor homes.
The other option is a travel trailer. These are very different from motors homes in the fact that they are towed by a motor vehicle and are used primary for camping purposes only. The two different types of going to require different amounts of insurance. Getting the right kind of auto insurance plan could save you thousands of dollars and lots of headaches.
Before we start looking at the different coverage that is available and the different plans that you can buy, it’s important to know that you know that the majority of your RV coverage is going to be optional. One type of insurance that will probably be required is liability insurance, which we are going to cover in depth in the next section.
Types of RV Coverage:
- Roadside assistance – you never know what’s going to happen while you’re driving down the road. The last thing that you want is to be stranded on the side of the highway during your vacation, and that’s where some additional roadside assistance coverage can come in. If you have one of these riders, you can be back on the road in no time, and it won’t drain your vacation spending money.
- Vacation liability – this type of coverage is going to be very similar to standard liability insurance, but vacation liability will give you additional protection when the RV isn’t on the road. For example, if you have your RV parked in a campground and someone falls out of it or it starts rolling and hits another RV, that’s where your vacation liability will come in.
- Collision – If your RV is damaged in any collision, then your additional coverage will help pay for the repairs or replacement costs. Depending on the types of collision and the damage, the repairs could easily cost thousands and thousands of dollars, but that’s where this plan will come in. It will get your RV fixed without draining your bank account.
- Comprehensive – just like a comprehensive policy with a traditional auto insurance plan, comprehensive policies help protect against dozens and dozens of different perils that you could face. This coverage helps fill in the holes that are left behind by your standard coverage.
- Liability insurance – as we mentioned before, liability is the one type of coverage that is going to be required by the state. This coverage helps protect against the costs of any injuries or damage that occur while you’re driving your RV on the road. This insurance comes into play if you’re at fault for the damages.
RV Insurance and Longevity Brokers
We know that getting insurance coverage can be confusing. There are dozens of different types of policies and factors that you need to consider. At Longevity Brokers, it’s our mission to ensure that you’re getting the best insurance for you and your property.
If you have any questions about RV insurance, please contact one of our agents today. We would be happy to answer those questions and ensure that you’ve got the best plan available. We are pleased to provide the Denver, CO. area with just about every type of insurance coverage. Everything from life insurance to ATV insurance.